You can see more information at
or on the
OUR BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE PHILOSOPHY
The grey wolf is the ancestor and closest relative of all domestic dogs. While years of breeding have produced hundreds of different-looking wolves, the internal workings of wolves and dogs remain unchanged, so it’s no surprise that their food requirements remain the same too. Our five Biologically Appropriate principles are simple and mirror the freshness and variety of meat and fish that dogs have evolved to eat.
RICH IN FISH (85%) AND PROTEIN (38%)
All dogs have sharp teeth and a body designed to metabolize protein and fat from meat and fish. ORIJEN is designed to nourish your dog according to his evolutionary and biological needs.
- 85% fish (2/3 fresh or raw and 1/3 gently dehydrated)
- 38% richly nourishing fish protein
- Our dried fish is prepared at 90’C from whole fish, to create a concentrated source of protein (not the industry standard of bones and trimmings)
- No grains or gluten
HIGH FRESH FISH INCLUSIONS
Fish are the foundation of ORIJEN Six Fish.
- 2/3 of the fish are fresh or raw, supplying your dog with essential nutrients in their most natural and nourishing form.
- 1/3 of fish is dried and prepared at a low temperature from fresh fish to create a concentrated source of nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh fish alone.
AN ABUNDANT VARIETY OF FISH
In nature, dogs benefit from an assortment of meat. This variety is often lost in conventional dog foods which typically feature a single animal ingredient, such as chicken or lamb, that is highly processed and seldom fresh. That’s why award-winning ORIJEN Six Fish features a rich diversity of fresh fish in Biologically Appropriate WholePrey ratios to nourish for peak health:
- Whole, wild-caught Pacific pilchard from North Vancouver Island
- Whole, wild-caught Pacific mackerel from North Vancouver Island
- Whole, wild-caught Pacific hake from North Vancouver Island
- Whole, wild-caught Pacific flounder from North Vancouver Island
- Whole, wild-caught Pacific rockfish from North Vancouver Island
- Whole, wild-caught Pacific sole from North Vancouver Island
WHOLEPREY MEAT RATIOS
Mother Nature matched the nutrients in whole animals and fish to perfectly meet your dog’s needs. ORIJEN WholePrey ratios of meat, organs, and cartilage or bone mirror nature, and eliminate the need for long lists of synthetic ingredients. The WholePrey diet is a nutritional treasure:
- Fish – essential for protein and fat as well as vitamins A, B, D, and K, copper, chromium, folic acid, iron, magnesium, potassium, selenium, and zinc.
- Organs – packed with virtually every nutrient your dog’s needs to thrive including vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, and amino acids.
- Edible Bone – a rich source of minerals including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and potassium in a natural form that your dog’s body can easily absorb.