You can see more information at
or on the
OUR BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE PHILOSOPHY
The grey wolf is the ancestor and closest relative of all domestic dogs. While years of breeding have produced hundreds of ‘different-looking wolves’, the internal workings of wolves and dogs remain unchanged so it’s no surprise that their food requirements remain the same too. Our five Biologically Appropriate principles are simple and mirror the freshness and variety of meat that dogs have evolved to eat.
RICH IN MEAT (85%) AND PROTEIN (38%)
All dogs have sharp teeth and a body designed to metabolize protein and fat from meat. ORIJEN is designed to nourish your dog according to his evolutionary and biological needs.
- 85% quality animal ingredients (2/3 fresh or raw and 1/3 gently dehydrated)
- 38% richly nourishing meat protein
- Our dried ingredients are prepared from fresh meat and whole fish, dried at 90C to create a concentrated source of protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meat alone.
- No grains or gluten
HIGH FRESH MEAT INCLUSIONS
Meat is the foundation of award-winning ORIJEN foods.
- 2/3 of the meat and fish are fresh or raw, supplying your dog with essential nutrients in their most natural and nourishing form.
- 1/3 of meat and fish are dehydrated at a low temperature for a concentrated source of nourishing meat protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meat alone.
AN ABUNDANT VARIETY OF MEAT
In nature, dogs benefit from an assortment of meat. This variety is often lost in conventional dog foods which typically feature a single animal ingredient, such as chicken or lamb, that is highly processed and seldom fresh. That’s why award-winning ORIJEN Regional Red features a rich diversity of fresh meat and fish in Biologically Appropriate WholePrey ratios to nourish for peak health:
- Fresh ranch-raised beef from regional ranches
- Fresh wild boar from regional ranches
- Fresh plains bison regional ranches
- Fresh grass-fed lamb from regional ranches
- Fresh Yorkshire pork from prairie farms
- Whole wild-caught pilchard from North Vancouver Island
WHOLEPREY MEAT RATIOS
Mother Nature matched the nutrients in whole animals to perfectly meet your dog’s needs. ORIJEN WholePrey ratios of meat, organs, and cartilage or bone mirror nature, and eliminate the need for long lists of synthetic ingredients, so only zinc is added.
- Meat – essential for protein and fat as well as vitamins A, B, D, and K, copper, chromium, folic acid, iron, magnesium, potassium, selenium, and zinc.
- Organs – packed with virtually every nutrient your dog needs to thrive, including vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, and amino acids.
- Edible Bone – a rich source of minerals including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and potassium in a natural form that your dog’s body can easily absorb.