You can see more information at
or on the
OUR BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE PHILOSOPHY
The grey wolf is the ancestor and closest relative of all domestic dogs. While years of breeding have produced hundreds of ‘different-looking wolves’, the internal workings of wolves and dogs remain unchanged so it’s no surprise that their food requirements remain the same too. Our five Biologically Appropriate principles are simple and mirror the freshness and variety of meat that dogs have evolved to eat.
RICH IN MEAT (85%) AND PROTEIN (38%)
All puppies have sharp teeth and a body designed to metabolize protein and fat from meat. ORIJEN is designed to nourish your puppy according to his evolutionary and biological needs.
- 85% meat (2/3 FRESH or RAW and 1/3 gently dehydrated)
- 38% richly nourishing meat protein
- 15% vegetables and fruit
- NO grains or gluten
HIGH FRESH MEAT INCLUSIONS
Meat is the foundation of award-winning ORIJEN foods.
- 2/3 of the meat is FRESH or RAW, supplying your puppy with essential nutrients in their most natural and nourishing form.
- 1/3 of meat is dehydrated at a low temperature for a concentrated source of nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meat alone.
AN ABUNDANT VARIETY OF MEAT
In nature, puppies benefit from an assortment of meat. This variety is often lost in conventional puppy foods which typically feature a single animal ingredient, such as chicken or lamb, that is highly processed and seldom fresh. That’s why award-winning ORIJEN Puppy features a rich diversity of fresh meat in Biologically Appropriate WholePrey ratios to nourish your puppy’s peak growth and development:
- Fresh free-run chicken from prairie farms
- Fresh free-run turkey from prairie farms
- Fresh, whole Pacific herring and flounder, wild-caught from North Vancouver Island
WHOLEPREY MEAT RATIOS
WholePrey represents the evolution of ORIJEN foods, incorporating fresh meat, organs, and cartilage or bone in ratios that mirror nature and eliminate the need for long lists of synthetic supplements.
- Meat – essential for protein and fat as well as vitamins A, B, D, and K, copper, chromium, folic acid, iron, magnesium, potassium, selenium, and zinc.
- Organs – packed with virtually every nutrient your puppy needs to thrive including vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, and amino acids.
- Cartilage and Edible Bone – a rich source of minerals including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and potassium in a natural form that your puppy’s body can easily absorb.